View Single Post
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 06:30
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 160/150/112 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Bailey, I think you have summed up the issues beautifully, I appreciate your putting nto words which I immediately recognise as being true.
I didn't mean to be offensive, but yes I don't like wallowing in self pity. I am against discrimination of all forms. We are in a horrendous position here in Australia with Afghani refugees being treated like criminals and thrown into concentration like camps. And as for our record with the aborigines and against women and against intellectualism (cut education funding) and children and yes "larger 'people, well, I suppose we are bad as anywhere else. I hate intolerance and no doubt I am guilty of it many times , being within my culture, not without.
Yes it's good to get out our stories of discrimination on the basis of size, so we feel no, I'm not the only one.
I do think it's sad when we can't fit into a seat when there are children starving etc etc. I don't think airlines should increase the size of their seats, I think we should stop patronising MacDonalds and all the other purveyors of junk food. I don't think this is discrimination. healthier, not necessarily thinner people have healthier minds.
If you are intolerant of my views, well.....