#10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-12, 15:37
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Seeded Dinner Rolls

I've been making a great sheet bread this past week that has proven to be very veratile: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2012/0...s-sliced-bread/ It makes great Quick Danish with fruit and cream cheese slightly warmed up. I discovered yesterday it makes great seeded bread sticks. Today, I transformed this batter into these very tasty Seeded Dinner Rolls:

I simply baked topped with a delicious seed/spice mixture in a square muffin pan. The wells in my non-stick pan are 3/4″ deep. These light, fluffy rolls came out very flavorful. I topped mine with Victoria Gourmet’s 7-Seed Crust spice blend: http://www.vgourmet.com/7-Seed-Crus...SeasoningBlends plus a few sunflower seeds (just because I love them on bread/rolls/crackers) before baking. I don’t like to use paper liners with high-egg content breads as they just won’t get that tasty brown bottom crust when you do. Therefore I have to gently coax these out of the pan with the help of a knife tip after a bit of cooling, to prevent tearing up the bottoms. You could also just drop these by heaping spoonfuls (20 mounds) onto a non-stick baking sheet to achieve a biscuit appearance, as the inside texture is very similar to a biscuit. These are not suitable until the grains rung of OWL due to the flour products in the Carbquick. Even on the Victoria Gourmet website, I was unable to get nutritional info for the spice blend I used, so I calculated .1 gram of each the carbier spices/seeds listed in the ingredients on my bottle. You’re probably not even getting that much really, considering you divide that into 20 portions.

INGREDIENTS:

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 large eggs, beaten
1 c. Jennifer Eloff’s Splendid Gluten-Free Bake Mix: http://low-carb-news.blogspot.com/2...y-splendid.html
½ c. Carbquick bake mix
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
approximately 1 T. seed/spice mix of your choosing

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Oil the cups of a non-stick square or round muffin pan. Add in all dry ingredients and stir until well blended. Using a 2T. measuring cup, dip batter (rounded in the cup) into the muffin cups. Batter is real thick and you have to scoop the batter out with your finger. Soften cream cheese in medium bowl and beat the eggs in until fairly smooth. There should be enough batter for about 20 rolls and nutritional stats below are calculated on that number. I took a round butter knife and tried to spread batter evenly into the cups. Pop into 350º oven and bake about 20-22 minutes. Check at 20 since ovens vary. You don’t want to overly brown these or they will dry out. Remove and cool a bit before gently coaxing them out of the pan with the help of a knife. If the first one tears up a bit on the bottom, wait a little longer before removing the rest.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 20 rolls, each contains:

86.75 calories
7.59 g fat
3.68 g carbs, 1.96 g fiber, 1.72 g NET CARBS
5.37 g protein
141 mg sodium
27.7 mg potassium
under 10% RDA all other nutrients