#5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-11, 12:48
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Foccacia Sheet Bread

I can't take full credit on this one. I used Sherrielee's Artisan Flatbread on Linda's recipe site, added Jennifer Eloff's gluten-free mix and injected CarbQuick to get this final version. Really came out good!

My injection is CarbQuick bake mix for the almond flour in the original. This bread has a very nice texture and is delicious right out of the oven with just butter!! I’ve also toasted it and cut it into breadsticks to serve with soup or salad. Most often I just use it for sandwich bread, cutting the pan into 12 regular size slices. If I’m using primarily this way, I usually omit the Italian herbs and garlic powder. Or just sprinkle those on top of the batter on one end of the pan. You can brush the finished top with olive oil if desired, but I usually do not do this. This recipe is not suitable until the grains rung of OWL.

INGREDIENTS:

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup Jennifer Eloff’s Gluten-Free Bake Mix: http://low-carb-news.blogspot.com/2...y-splendid.html
½ c. CarbQuick bake mix
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 c. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 tsp. Italian seasoning (mixture of oregano, basil, rosemary)

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. Soften cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat in the eggs. Add Parmesan and jack cheese and stir well. Now add in all dry ingredients and stir until well blended. Dip batter onto cut-to-fit parchment lined sheet pan and using a rubber spatula, spread to the edges carefully, trying to avoid holes or any thin spots. Fairly uniform thickness is desired. Pop into 350º oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cut into 12 equal slices.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 12 slices, each contains:

185 calories
16 g fat
6.26 g carbs, 3.66 g fiber, 3.1 NET CARBS
10.31 g. protein
201 mg sodium