View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-13-23, 15:11

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

There’s a section of the book which contains wild detox stories. I had to believe them, because now I think I had one of my own.

It was January of 2019, and my worst flare yet was driving me to 3 days of fasting and three weeks of beef, water, and salt. This is as close to zero oxalates as a person can get. And it worked wonders.

Now, I have a better idea of why I had the strange reactions I did, from the swift and sudden healing of my swollen joint to the long but dramatic transformation of my psoriasis.

Last night I went onto psoriasis boards and found people who loved the low oxalate approach, and described results much like the ones I had.

Maybe oxalates is the unknown mechanism behind the success stories of carnivore and autoimmune. Now I can see how some might prefer to stick to such, if they are that sensitive.

When I went through meat and seafood and started on plants, my explorations would hit a food, like a cashew, and I’d discover a reason, like lectins. Avoiding or dissolving lectins was the goal, to get all Winston Price on it But they are high lectin, and I’m best off avoiding them. They are already roasted. They aren’t getting any better.

The oxalate toxin explains my erratic reactions with salads, seeds, and nuts. Heaven smiled upon me: macadamias and pistashios are low lectin and low oxalate. We’ll see about salad now. Was it the fiber or the seeds?

I do love casesar salad with sardines. Extra calcium and low oxalate. I can even add the egg in the dressing. Oh, this is a bit exciting, but feels like a spring thing.

Which is something else I’d like to give a heads up about. Seasonal eating. I first ran across this in Dr. Jack Kruse’s Epi-Paleo book, and lately on the Dr. Sarah Myhill website for DH’s CFS/ME. It’s in Toxic Superfoods, too.

Eat lower carb in winter, higher in summer. Produce in season also spreads the oxalate load, with winter a kind of “carnivore” period that would normally help the person dump oxalate yearly.

Another natural function our industrialized eating interferes with. (It might even figure into fasting as another oxalate toxin dumping mechanism we interfere with by any six meals a day approach.)

But that is my favorite part, if such can be said. Let’s call it a sad end to the vegan threat. I’m already seeing hot new food articles downplaying greens and praising DAIRY. We won’t get whiplash because it will still go too slowly, but honestly, if half of this book is true, the artificial meat/plant-based nonsense is going to be seriously downplayed, moving forward.

So I’ll urge you to ask the library in your town to order it. I have my own copy and I’m still sending an email to my library. So everyone can find help this way. And find their own best boundaries.