View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 05:14
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi there I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated....that can be so depressing. I was reading through some of your other posts and saw a thread where you got some really good advice about sticking to the plan and just learning to be patient. My dear, you will hear the same thing from me.

I just experienced a 7 week stall. Yes, it was very tough to keep a good attitude and have faith that the plan will work. But with the help of the people on this board, I did just that and learned a lot in the process. I lost 3 lbs. last week! The best part is that I spent that 7 weeks eating foods I love, never being hungry, and feeling great! For me that was worth the wait.

I don't think you'll get a lot of support here for switching to WW; obviously we don't feel that is the way to go. Perhaps if you are happy with it you should join the WW support board, but if you are "craving sweets and junk" it doesn't sound like you are.

What I hear is someone who is afraid this is just another failure and you're in a panic. (Sounds just like me a couple of months ago, so I know.) I had to change the way I THINK about weight loss and my body's ability and willingness to let go of the fat. I had to learn that my body will let go when IT wants to let go, not on my timetable. I had to realize that it's possible it may take me a 1-2 years to lose 30 lbs. .... when I just got through reading Atkins and he made me believe I'd do it in 2 months!! It kinda makes me mad that I felt "set up" that way, but the bottom line is that the theory is all correct and I DO feel much healthier and the weight IS coming off.

I JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT. PERIOD.

And I am now. I've got all the time in the world. Because this is a way of life now, anyway....so I might as well get comfy.

Keep reading and posting....actively participate in this board .... it will make a BIG difference over time.

But most of all, pick a plan and stick to it. That's the bottom line.

Hope this helps!