Old Thu, Sep-17-20, 18:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins NDR (2002)
Stats: 270.2/236/165 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
A friend bought the downloadable version . He was eager to read it...until he wasn"t. Sadly this was a potential alternative to a new drug that would cost thousands, thousands he didnt have. MS is progressive if not addressed.

Can lead a horse to water....

Yeah, I don't know how well she will or won't respond to the idea, but I can't not suggest it. She's not really very internet savvy and doesn't read much, but I'm hoping that if it pertains to her illness, then she might at least give it a read. She's by no means stupid - far from it - but her interests are generally quite simplistic (football, TV, the odd crime thriller). One can only try.

She was given a pretty new drug when it was in the testing stages, which involved her getting some shot every 6 months and I think it may have helped a little (she's not had any MS related strokes since) but she's also had to deal with lung cancer this past year. While she seems to have responded well to the treatment, I think that too would be something that a diet much lower in sugars would also respond well to. Part of the neurological/dermatological issues she has suffered with over the years include psoriasis (worse than what I get) and again, I'm sure a lower-carb diet would help in that area.

But like you said...you can lead a horse to water...