View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-12, 08:17

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

I like working out in the late afternoon because it is my typical low energy time and the time I'm most likely to reach for a snack. I've heard that morning workouts can be best for revving up your metabolism for the day but they don't fit into my schedule so well and I tend to be stiffer and more prone to injury in the morning.

I think the difference between regular exercise and no exercise is so much greater than any incremental differences in time of day. The body is a complex organism and it is debatable whether exercise aids in weight loss. No doubt about it, exercise will improve your health, but I prefer to think of it as a way to get my energy up, rather than a way of losing more weight.

One other thing, if your body is going through keto-adaptation, you may be low on energy. I found it helpful when beginning to concentrate on getting my diet under control. Once my full energy returned, I began exercising more vigorously. Walking, mile for mile, is just a beneficial as running, with much less risk of injury.