#15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-15, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 196/196/196 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Consider your sources when believing what is said about diet. Current research supports higher fat, lower carb.

Yep, I'll be sticking to a Low Carb Diet, as I'm weak when it comes to hunger pains and I know it works, but this high fat side of things isn't working so far.

I agree that you have to be careful about where your information comes from. If you read "The China Study" by T. Colin Campbell, the research was intensive over many years and the research papers are listed in the back of the book.
Quote:
Author Biography

For more than 40 years, T. Colin Campbell, PhD, has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His legacy, the China Study, is the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted. Dr. Campbell is the author of the bestselling book, The China Study, and the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University. He has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding and authored more than 300 research papers. The China Study was the culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University, and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine. Howard Jacobson, PhD, is an online marketing consultant, health educator, and ecological gardener from Durham, N.C. He earned a Masters of Public Health and Doctor of Health Studies degrees from Temple University, and a BA in History from Princeton. Howard cofounded VitruvianWay.com, an online marketing agency, and is a coauthor of Google AdWords For Dummies. When Howard is not chasing groundhogs away from blueberry bushes or wrestling with Google, he relaxes by playing Ultimate Frisbee and campfire songs from the 1960s. His current life goal is to turn the world into a giant food forest.

Another fact to consider is that we have teeth made for grinding our food, not fangs for flesh tearing, we have small livers for a vegetarian diet, as dogs, cats etc have large livers for meat processing and we have a very long bowel for fruits & vegetables, not a short bowel for protein.
In saying this I've tried to be a vegetarian but I still love meat. I do believe in the low carb diet as it's worked for me. The one I have had the success with is the original HCG Diet first published in 1954. I am now trying HCG 2.0 which is a revised version which is high protein, high fat & 30gms carbs.
I have sent for the Atkins Diet Book, so I'll read that and give it a go.
All in all it's the constipation thats a problem for me.