View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 06:05

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default answer about CALP

Hi, glad to hear from you. I'm doing the Calp but using the charts and info also in CAd. I was on atkins induction and lost 10 lbs in a month but stopped losing and was going crazy cooking different meals for my husband and myself . It is difficult enough cooking for two people and i was having a terrible time with swelling from the salt . I switched and after the 6th day of the entry portion of CAD i had lost 3 lbs. but on Xmas day we went to a buffet and most of the food was carbs and I gained back two lbs. but it could be the salt again. not being able to control.But I love this way of eating , no more false food and having to prepare all the time ahead. I eat protein and veggies for break and lunch and then at dinner , I have a salad ,meat and carb. I try to choose only one carb. If I'm dying for a potato then I have it but not a roll and dessert also unless it is diet jello. mostly I choose a muffin for my starch. it gives me my carb and sweet.This being a breakfast or a cake muffin. you're only supposed to lose 1-2 lbs a week same as on atkins but with better food so I will stick with it and tweek it to fit my bodies needs. I have even thought that after a few weeks try atkins induction for a week or so and then back to CALPsince i didn't gainany weight lost back when i switched before .keep checking in, my daughter is also switching to Cad?CAlp.She is Samtigress. lots of luck. Wawtigress