View Single Post
  #636   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-18, 15:10

Plan: Intermittent fast/Lowcarb
Stats: 251/199/180 Male 5 ft 10 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Did a couple of trips to the top of the boiler last night. 10 flights of stairs.

That's a way different animal than going up and down 2 flight of stairs over and over!

Still tired after coming off nights... not sure if I'll try to get in a workout today or not.

Edit: Did a lighter arms/abs workout - what I would have been doing before I decided to try more high-intensity stuff.

Didn't break much of a sweat, which is fine, because I'm a bit sleep-deprived at the moment. Trying to get my body back to daylight hours.

Finished the 3rd set from yesterday's Circuit 1 workout.
Close Grip Barbell Bench Press 110x10
Cable Pulldown 100x10
Skull Crushers 50x10
Standing Barbell Curls 50x10

Moved on to today's stuff. Nothing too serious.
Cable Pressdown 50x10,10,10
Dumbbell Wrist Curls 25x10 20x10,10
Dumbbell Hammer Curl 25x10,10,10
Barbell Behind the back wrist curl (Bare bar, 40lbs) 15,15
Dumbbell Hammer Curls 15x10,10
Dumbbell Reverse Wrist Curl 15x10

Final quick 5 minute circuit exercise to pump the heart up and work the core.
Ab Roller: 10,10
Dumbbell Clean and Press - Single Side 30x10,10

I've really come to like that last exercise - it's a new one for me. The lifting works the Glutes, Quads, calves, lats, and delts. But the imbalance forces your core muscles to stabilize you, so the obliques, rectus abdominus, and hip flexors get some work as well! All in one lift!

It's just a really nice whole body exercise. It also doesn't make me want to barf like squats and deadlifts do, because of the lighter weight. But it's a workout - trust me. It'll bring your heart rate to max in about 10 reps. So it's cardio too. Awesome!