View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Feb-12-16, 19:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I'm not trying to argue. But "hormones" means nothing at all. It's to simplistic for me not to be extraordinarily skeptical.

As I noted, MOST people who turn to LC are addicted in one way or another to some sort of carby food. And telling them to have at it, once a week, is a recipe for disaster for them.

The number of people in this forum who have had great success with eating low carb is easy to see: take a look at the number of people who are registered to the Maintenance thread.

And there are so many more, who learn their lesson, lose the weight, and ride off into the sunset.

This WOE may work for a handful of people in the long run. But not many have the discipline to keep carbs in their lives ANDhave 20/21 of their meals be very low carb.

I wish you the best at succeeding with this WOE. I have my doubts, as you surely have noticed! The author doesn't seem to have enough belief in the intelligence of his audience to give them more than a breezy description of how the WOE is supposed to function.

I find that insulting, personally, and it increases my doubts about its utility.