#107   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-11, 12:55

Plan: modified Peat
Stats: 202/214/180 Female 62.5 inches
BF:
Progress: -55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
I hear you too. I *love love love* Hellman's but just cannot bring myself to eat it any longer because of the high-PUFA soybean all it's made from. Don't like the taste of mayo made with EVOO. I've tried light olive oil and it's better, but I have my doubts about the quality of the oil. It's not too bad made with macadamia nut oil, but that's expensive. And frankly none of them taste as good as Hellman's. I have just sort of given up on mayo for the time being.

I wish I could give it up, but I have to confess to being a VERY picky eater, and there are many foods I simply can't/won't eat without mayo or a mayo based sauce or dressing. I had a grated carrot salad with coconut oil and apple cider vinegar yesterday, and I managed to (literally) gag it down, but could never face another one. Even thinking of it makes me nauseous. With mayo (Best Foods/Hellman's), it would have been excellent. Grated carrot salad with mayo and raisins was a staple in my childhood (I picked out the raisins, LOL). I've been trying to "get off" mayo for many years now without any success. Nothing replaces it for me.
sol