#30   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-13, 14:43

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Levac
But if instead we work under the premise that normal metabolism is that cancer-hostile environment, we got it made easy and painless.

Right now my doctor is harassing me to get a mammogram and a colonoscopy. I don't think there's a point to it.

Quote:
In another interesting study reported back in 2005 in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, researchers looked retrospectively at almost 4000 women in the US between the ages of 40 and 69. Much to the surprise of the authors, the study found that women who underwent regular screening died at the same rate as those who declined mammograms. Mammogram controversy

Except, screening gives me extra radiation! Right where a cancer might grow. And there's this:

Quote:
Each year over 14 million healthy Americans are getting screened for colon cancer. Of these, according to the report “Complications of Colonoscopy in an Integrated Health Care Delivery System” by the Annals of Internal Medicine, an estimated 70,000 (0.5%) are killed or injured by colonoscopy-related complications. This figure is higher than the total number of annual deaths from colon cancer itself, 22% higher.

Is colonoscopy worth the risk?

But when I bring up actual research... from recognized bodies like the ones quoted here, it bounces right off a doctor's skull, they smile brightly at me, and repeat, "But you have to get this done."