View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-15-12, 14:51

Plan: whole food
Stats: 178.2/155/149 Female 5'10.5
BF:
Progress: 79%

I start this weekend back to Bikram - I have to say I'm both excited and nervous! I'd been living lc for more than a year the first time I started Bikram and within a few weeks of starting practice (5-7 times a week) I stopped low carb and went to probably moderate to occasional high carb...I essentially maintained my weight the entire year but at the end of the year I had paid for I was in the middle of a divorce and my son was in Afghanistan and I just decided I didn't have time to focus on it with everything else. Unfortunately I did NOT immediately resume the low carb WOL and if anything went carb crazy and ended up gaining all the weight back.

I felt great while I was doing Bikram and it was terrific for my knees which is why I want to go back to it. The nerves come in when I consider just how difficult the workout is and how easy it is to convince yourself you no longer need to diet. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm already working thru the strategies I'll go through if I do find myself struggling with the diet and the workout. I think I can keep with an atkins acceptable diet and just document the heck out of how much I'm drinking, how many carbs I'm consuming and when and how it corresponds with how I feel in "hell". It's a bizarrely addictive experience - there are days when you hate every minute of it and conversly, can't wait to go back.

I have decided I will allow the lower sugar fruits on the days I practice - peaches/nectarines as well as bringing back in the legumes. lol, ok, now I'm rambling. At any rate, I'd love to hear from other low carbers who've managed to include Bikram and stay low carb and feel good doing both.