View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-20, 12:34

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Love Taube's book! Indeed a good time to catch up on reading. I hate the whole 1200-calorie concept, or "just cut out 200 calories a day". Who can do that? Who even knows their calorie count to that precise a level? Certainly normal weight people can't know to that level of precision.

As an example. I've been stalled for 11 years now, in the 270 range. It seems like my body sees that as a "set point" and doesn't want to budge not matter what I try.

As an interesting N=1 I had two major traumas in 2018. I had a major fire rendering my house uninhabitable, and later that SAME DAY my son died very suddenly

Double whammy. I was lucky to have a friend who had a small mother-in-law apartment attached to her house which she rented to me and allowed me to have all my pets - a definite blessing. But there was no scale there. And in the meantime well-meaning friends kept bringing me food, but it was stuff like lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, etc. I was completely derailed and didn't even care.

So for nearly a year I had no scale and just ate anything and everything. Ate when I was hungry but no concern about keeping it low carb or grain free or sugar-free or any of that stuff. I mean I ate the way people who are on the SAD diet eat, even the ones who are thin.

Eventually my house was repaired and I was able to move back home, and got a new scale. And TADA. I've always been a daily weigher and my weight the day before my fire had been 273. So finally after a year of just eating anything I wanted without counting a thing I stepped on the scale and my weight was *273*.

Crazy, but that's the way it seems to be for most folks who are not nutritionally broken. That would be great except that it's over 100 pounds more than I would like to weigh.

Currently I'm mostly carnivore and keep my carbs super low, so I am tracking my food input here on MYPLAN. I weigh all my food before I eat it so what I enter in MYPLAN is accurate. I don't specifically care about the calories but that is one of the data points they give you, but I don't worry about the number or try to limit it. I just keep carbs low and eat to appetite. I do note the calorie count as a point of interest. My intake has varied in the 1300-2300 range with most days in the 1700-1900 range. Theoretically that means, at my weight, I should lose weight like crazy but of course I'm not. And I don't take that number as gospel anyway and figure there is easily a 300-400 +/- spread every day.