View Single Post
  #119   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-18, 11:12
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I do most things on that list and I have for some time. I wish that I'd had the CAC score done earlier in my journey. The thought scares me, but it is possible that my score of 343 last year might even be an improvement over what it would have been a year or two before. I am hoping for a reduction in my score with my current lifestyle changes. The wait is killing me.

I've never done the fish oil supplements. I eat sardines, mackerel, and wild caught canned salmon regularly. I'm hoping that is sufficient.

In 2015 I was supplementing with kelp for the iodine. My TSH score was fine - no apparent thyroid issue. So I stopped with the kelp supplements.

Fermented foods are part of my WOE, but other than pickles such foods are not a regular part of my diet. I'll think about adding more. I wonder if this recommendation has anything to do with vitamin K2 and not just 'gut health?' I do supplement with K2 and some better sources of K2 are fermented foods.

I'm surprised that exercise was not on the list. All of the doctors promote more exercise for improving cardiovascular health.

Thanks for the link, Janet. It was a good read. I guess that all I can do is to keep on doing my thing until I have that next CAC done.