View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 00:51

Plan: ?
Stats: ?/?/? Female short
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default help?

hi! i'm new and was wondering if any of youguys might help me find some answers. this is a great forum by the way. very many helpful tips and advices.

um... so here it goes.
i've been on tsp for 7 weeks now for health reasons (irregular periods, fatigue, sugar addiction, bloating, very SEVERE pms, etc.) and i've gained 5-6 pounds. i was 103 pounds before the program, now i am 108-109. i'm 5'4" and i know that is still considered "underweight" but don't let the numbers fool you into thinking i'm anorexic-ly skinny. i'm one of those tiny asian girls with really small frames. i believe my body fat is just average.

anyways, i wasn't too concerned about the weight gain in the beginning because
1) i wasn't on the program to lose weight and
2) i thought the extra pounds were muscle and bone gain.
but the thing is... my clothes are actually tight and i seem to have gained fat on my waist and hips.

before this diet, i ate a LOT of junk food (lots of calories from sugar) and never had weight problems. lots of health problems, but not weight gain. now that i'm eating what i truly believe to be a healthy diet, i'm gaining fat, at a very fast rate. ( also, 6 pounds on my frame is noticeable) should i be concerned, or do i just give it more time? maybe i'm just eating too many calories? SO confused. i think my fatigue and sugar cravings have improved, and i do feel less tired, i think, but...
still confused and was wondering if any of you have any advice.

i think i've been following the program pretty strictly, too. i've completely cut out all forms of sugar and refined carbs, and eating at least 70-80 grams or more of protein and adequate amounts of fat, too.

help?
(sorry the post is so long)
Sponsored Links