View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-16, 14:23
Registered Member

Plan: Primal
Stats: 165/112/112 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I finally got my answer. I hope this helps others, too, who are struggling with stuckness.

"I don’t know what the future holds. I know it won’t help to go, 'I’m never going to do this again!' I’ve certainly sworn off things that didn’t serve me in the past, and then broke that vow not soon after. The greater I resist something, the more it seems to follow me.

What seems to help the most is the noticing. It’s being aware of my discomfort, whether I do something about it or not. I’d rather notice what’s going on, rather than sleep walk through an experience. However, if I do get caught up again, oh well. Soon I’ll become aware of what’s happening and be reconnected with myself again.

My experience is this kind of being with myself during something that doesn’t feel good, over time creates a healthy change. It’s not a quick straight line from problem to solution.

It’s more of an up and down gradual ascent to something that feels better. It’s often a solution that I couldn’t have thought of at first. It comes out of time, kindness, and connection. It’s born out of learning to care for my experience." --Brooks Palmer