#12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-20, 06:34

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
I avoid videos if at all possible so don't know what this one said, but we sure ate a lot when I was a kid. We always had snacks after school, usually cookies or potato chips which we bought from the door-to-door "Charlie's Chips" man. Or donuts from the door-to-door Dugan Donuts salesman. We always had sugared soda in the house which we bought by the case at a local bottling plant. We had dessert pretty much every night with dinner as my parents both were big sweet eaters. We'd go out for ice cream cones on weekends pretty often. We were probably the antithesis of what everyone claims about the 50's and 60's eating patterns. And yet my sisters and I were all skinny stringbeans.

Your family was the exact opposite of mine. We never had chips or soda in the house, except for every other Friday when my folks had friends over to play cards. The next day, if there was any left over, we could have it, but usually most of it was gone. If there were snacks in the house, we had free access to them, but snacks were rare. My mother baked, but maybe once a month. I really think working at Dunkin' Donuts as my first job was my downfall.