#12   ^
Old Sat, Nov-05-11, 23:35

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 500/408/300 Male 73 inches
BF:toodamnmuch
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
I see patients for a living. This is not a rare statement. I hear it all the time. I also hear patients say they know they could lose a limb or their eye site...but could never give up <blank>. It saddens me to no end. I just keep fighting the good fight and hope thru education (carbohydrate controlled eating--not ADA ) that the message will be heard.

Thank you Lisa for trying to do what you can to teach and guide others!!
Doctors and nutritionists are well aware of the effects of Alcohol,Drugs,and Smoking on the body..I believe every one of them would support and encourage a patient to reduce and hopefully stop using these Toxins,to prevent disease and prolong their life.. Here is where I get very angry...All of these professionals are aware of simple biology,the body takes carbohydrates and breaks it down into Glucose..What is the basic problem with a diabetic?? Their body cannot sufficiently handle the glucose in the body!!! So why in hell will you stand by and not persuade and educate your Diabetic patient that eating too many carbohydrates,(whether in the form of Brown rice or Twinkies)will kill them???Just the same as drinking too much,smoking all your life or abusing drugs,eating excessive carbs will eventually end.... your.... life...