#29   ^
Old Thu, Jul-23-09, 11:41

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 235/175/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessnut
Welcome and congratulations for deciding to start. There's not much for me to add to the terrific advice already given, however, I will make one point...

Low carb can and should be delicious! You should not feel deprived or hungry. I would strongly recommend looking up recipes and snacking ideas on this and other websites. You may want to get one or more low carb cookbooks - I found several at my library.

Please don't just eat boiled chicken! Make it fun, interesting and delicous and it won't be nearly as difficult to stay on track. Do be aware that just because something is in a low carb cookbook, it may not be appropriate in the initial phase of Atkins or whatever plan you end up on.

Good luck and we all wish you well!
Chessnut

Ohoh, I hope I didn't imply in my post that someone should only eat broiled chicken -- *grin* that's SNACK food. The best part of low carb eating is the delicious, decadent food! Fat makes food taste good. Protein and fat make food very filling. But induction is a hard time; there is a lot of hunger until the body switches over to fat burning mode so it's good to have food on hand to combat it.

Meat is just about the only approved unlimited quantity food, which makes it a good snack food. Cooking everything in coconut oil also helps. In fact, some wings fried in coconut oil then tossed in hot pepper sauce is an amazing snack. But whole chickens and chuck roasts are cheap as well as tasty.