View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-12, 17:04

Plan: Keto/ProperHumanDiet
Stats: 154.0/120.0/120.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 100%
Default Again...

Again, I don't know why on earth I went so long since my last walk/jog......No excuses....I just have to make friends with my treadmill so when the weather is bad I'll get my 30 min. in inside the house...and then there are all of the other days that the weather was beautiful out....Won't think about that, starting with just today....The thing about exercise is that when I have big gaps inbetween runs my recovery time is so much more difficult. And as someone who definitely suffers from Seasonal Affective Disorder I know that I need the endorphin boost especially in the winter to keep my mental and emotional outlook good...My new outlook about my walk/jogs is that I'm not going to ratchet it up so much..in other words I'll stay at Day #1, then to Day #2 and then back to Day #1..(comfy for me with those days but if I go past that I get too discouraged) on my Galloway phone app workout...Today I did Day #1, 2.20 miles, ratio set at 1 min. walk/1 min. jog...did 31:20 minutes at a 14 min. mile, burned 213 calories. It was beautiful out, about 50 degrees, clear and sunny, worked up a good sweat...but I concentrated on a relaxing workout, kept my abs pulled in...and I never get tired of my Katy Perry and Black Eyed Peas music..over and over. I don't plan to sign up for any fun runs for 2013, at least that's how I feel right now. Don't need the pressure. Another goal is to start doing my little t-tapp workouts, only takes 15 min. to do and the stretches are so beneficial to me. I get discouraged when I increase my training distance with my walk/jogs and try to increase the times and then quit altogether...with my osteoarthritis and my potential for low back muscle strain I just intend to get in my walk/jog at least four times a week for 30 minutes and I should be doing my t-tapp every day. My problem is that I'm very goal oriented and I want to climb a mountain and keep increasing that goal but I overdo.....For today I feel very good that I got out and did what I did today.......wish I had someone that lived out here that could go with me, I'm thinking seriously about adopting a running partner dog! Ssshhhhh....don't tell the hub.