View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 08:37

Plan: Kwasniewski
Stats: 125/118/120 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone,

My daughter went into / intensified ketosis within 24 hours after increasing her protein and adjusting the ratio to 1 : 2: .5 (p:f:c)

We were both very surprised because she has been eating under 40g carbs / day for months but apparently failed to maintain a good fat-burning metabolism during that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seejay
45g [of protein] could be slowing her down by sending signals to the body to conserve energy because not enough is coming in.

Perhaps that it why.

Anyway, she is miserable with induction flu but is losing a little weight and her digestion is moving again.

She's only eating 1800 calories / day and I worry it's not enough. Sometimes she feels really shaky and loopy. Twice now I've insisted she have a little snack: 3 orange slices and a few nuts once and an extra piece of meat another time. Maybe that's wrong for the weight loss but I worry about her becoming sickened. We both can't figure out why she's having such extreme discomfort unless it's due to an insulin imbalance / metabolic problem.

I definitely have either Type II or something similar (in addition to another health problem) and I had the most awful time with induction. I had to ease into it over weeks; I could tell that it was possible that this could go seriously wrong. I didn't think my daughter had Type II or similar, but maybe she does.

She's committed to stick to this until she drops soem more weight. She's also gotten more active (tough to do when you're weak). I bought her some new clothes and scheduled a massage, and that seems to be boosting her confidence.