View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-21, 17:52

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

What people need to realize, is most diets are not about making people healthy, they are marketing -- selling something -- profiteering.

The same people who I used to hear say "No ultra processed foods" are now buying "impossible" extremely ultra processed soy burgers. Why? Because the salesperson in their living rooms (TV or anti-social media) told them to.

Fats are demonized by the American Heart Association. Why? The tests were designed and administered by the grain people, the biased results were given to the AHA along with millions of dollars 'charity' per year to the AHA (sounds like a tacit bribe to me).

The grain farmer and processers make zillions of dollars, the AHA makes a tidy sum of that profit, and everybody is happy except the people clogging their arteries with sugar/starch and not knowing it would be better to eat fats.

In capitalism, everything is for sale, including your heath.

We have to use critical thinking and and look at everything with an eye towards "cui bono" (who benefits by this).

Whether it's selling a Mediterranean Diet Book that has nothing to do with how the Mediterranean people eat, or selling foods that are not really good for us, somebody is making money, and if you follow the money, you can often figure out what the motive is.

And you can tweak statistics to say anything.

Mark Twain: "There are 3 kinds of lies; Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics."

I try things out, monitor my body, and do full panel blood tests yearly. I also research peer-reviewed papers on the National Institute of Health's pubmed site. When you put your paper up for other scientists to verify or negate, you have confidence in your tests.

I'm 75, on zero medications, have a circulatory system of a 50 year old and a spine that is surprisingly good for a person of my age. I've been on keto since Bob Atkins was still alive, so it obviously works for me.

I tried other plans, monitored the results, and ditched them before I found the one that works for me. The Keys diet is similar to what I tried before keto and didn't work.

One more thing. If one diet plan worked for everybody, there would only be a need for one diet book.

Bob