View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-21, 22:06

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi y'all.
Just wanted to stop in and wish you all every success in your diet journey.

I used to chatter on here on the regular also and hold the CAD/CALP lifestyle in high regard. It helped me gain some modicum of control in the past.

Have not followed it in recent years but CM's are still what i'm aiming for.
Where i'm at now is to treat myself as though i have some sort of diabetes (although i don't officially have it) and i am learning from Denis Pollocks 'beat diabetes' youtube channel.

I realised i could not 'stick' to the CAD/CALP principles, i could not stay super low carb (4g per meal or less) for my CM's, i still had cravings,(esp. hormonal/stress related) no appetite for protein foods,
I had low energy, i also could not do intermittent fasting..so on Mr. Pollocks advice, i got myself a Blood sugar meter to see what was really going on and low and behold i was having for real 'hypos' of blood sugar and that was why i was a big FAIL on all those accounts.
It was not a matter of my being undisciplined. I REALLY needed to fall off plan.
So where i'm at now, (just 2 pounds over-weight last time i checked 3 weeks ago, not bad considering i was not diet focused, i was kind of just 'rolling with the punches'
I was working a very physical job where i was always walking, moving and on my feet for hours and i learned a lot on how what i ate affected my energy.
Having energy was the only thing i cared about and sometimes that meant eating sugary things like a biscuit and even some chocolate.
Although CM meals and snacks were what i was 'aiming' for during the working day.
So the CM i 'aimed' for may have just been more on the lower Carb side rather than 4g exactly.

So for me its kind of a goldi-locks effect, i just cannot go too low carb and high carbs do not suit me either. A sandwich for lunch would have me weak as water and super hungry an hour or two later for example.
Butter Bob on youtube i found good too, here i learned i possibly put out too much insulin at times. (He recommends fasting too but i got to take it so slow and so careful if and when i try this, if i do attempt fasting, it would possibly just mean low overall calories, not no food for hours on end. )

So to cut a long story short, i may not be a stellar CAD/CALP er success story, however i 100% believe in aiming for CM's that work for you. (As low as you can stand)
Hope that makes sense and helps someone else out there. Definitely don't give up on the idea of CM'S even if you cannot do them perfectly or are a CAD/CALP failure like me. They do help and help a lot.

Hope you all stay safe , healthy and well in 2021.