View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jun-04-15, 03:19

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Meme, sorry you ran into such problems at your TJ, good help is hard to find
Texas has many other good grocery options, if I were still in Plano, I would go to Central Market and Whole Foods too, so TJs better shape up.
My TJ store here was the first in NC, still has many of the same management team and employees as the day it opened eight years ago. Very well run and friendly helpful folks. I buy 95% of groceries there, so my answer is almost everything in store.

For specific list of foods, just start at post #1 here, then follow my link to another TJ thread. In that thread, I even posted a shopping list. (Which I now forget how to do, sorry!) I could email it to you.

In general, prices are good for many canned and jarred LC items, like olives, wild salmon, olive oils, vinegar (try white balsamic), sun-dried tomatoes (I make this simple recipe way too often,and with jarred garlic http://everydaypaleo.com/sun-dried-tomato-chicken-bake/) coconut cream, nut butters (recently added RAW almond butter in addition to organic Almond butter), stevia extract, etc.
Frozen veggies and berries..thin French green beans very popular and good, pepper mixes (another quick meal with their chicken sausages), other frozen veggies I'll purée into a quick side.
Boxed organic broths, bags of almond meal and flaxmeal, full fat yogurts, and ALL cheeses and deli meats, bacons. Grass-fed items in fresh meats and cheese are noted with special signs. There is Grass-fed ground beef and a few other items in Frozen also from New Zealand. Frozen wild caught fish excellent prices. Coffee, tea and wine...big savings. Many other specific suggestions if you wander back through these two TJ threads. You can also find many lists on-line, TJ has a crazy fan base