Thread: Turtling along
View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-19, 14:23

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I first started this journey in 2006 and it took me three years to lose 100 pounds, so also a little over 30 pounds a year. And then in 2009 I hit my brick wall and have been stalled for 10 years now, continually bouncing up and down about a 15 pound range.

For specifics: my highest recorded weight at the doctors office was 375 pounds though I suspect I was even more than that to start as I’d been on a LC diet for a few weeks when I made that doctors visit, and my home scale only went up to 350 pounds so I had no way to get a true starting weight.

After 3 years I made it to 275. Since then a constant bounce in the 272-287 range. I took a vow never to go above 300 again and I haven’t, but not getting lower either.

So now I’m trying intermittent fasting and a keto diet. I started on March 5 at 283 pounds. This morning I was 265 pounds. So that’s fairly decent progress but I’ve been here before and alway bounce back up to my stall weight (about 275) when, after time, I end up relaxing my eating a bit with those cravings for cheese or nuts or LC treats.

I’m on an intermittent fasting FB group and get bummed at all these people saying “I started keto and IF and I’ve lost 45 pounds since late February” etc. Sometimes I just can’t stand to look at the group as it seems everyone is dropping pounds and sizes like crazy. I guess the turtles 🐢 just don’t post there.