Thread: Zero Carb, wow!
View Single Post
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 09:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

As I said above, people tend to think that other people think as they do. Husband has some strange beliefs about decor, handed down from his mother, and is quite sure, despite a LOT of empirical evidence to the contrary, that he's not at all unique in those beliefs.

So, if you have the discipline to eat meat only, and lots of it, and you feel good and have lost weight and (insert benefit here), and you see other people who do NOT eat as you do, somewhere inside your head, you may be thinking, "What's wrong with them? They KNOW that this is the best way to eat. They're either stupid, stubborn or lazy, to eat any other way."

People who do NOT have the single-mindedness necessary to eat only meat usually know that they, themselves, mess up on a regular basis in all areas of their lives, and may be a little more tolerant of the differing choices of others.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I do a lot of research. I tend to try to translate it into language that someone with no medical background can understand, because that's what I've done for 15 years: gotten the information I need to help clients, and then figured out how to share it in a compelling fashion.

People in a group of like minded, highly motivated individuals don't feel the need to put on those filters, at least, most of them don't: they are preaching to their own carefully selected choir, and if one of them starts the song, the rest will join in the chorus.