View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 18:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/161/141
BF:
Progress: 39%

Just a quick note for all. I have been low-carbing since April and have hit my goal weight of 65kg's. I used to scour the web pages for recipes to try, and found I hated anything with soy particularly soy protein. I am a regular buyer of almond meal as you can use it to make so many things- get it from your health food store where you can buy it by the kilo- it is much cheaper.

Bacon & Eggs with cheese melted on the bacon (I just stick it on top of the bacon in the frying pan) is my staple breakfast. Occasionally now that I am on Maintenance I have weetbix with splenda and pure cream! (It is much better than it used to be with milk). Lunch is a salad full of tomatoes (fresh & sundried), lettuce, parmesan cheese, cucumber and marinated eggplant fillets with either full fat casear salad dressing or balsamic vinegar. Dinner is meat & veges of some description without the potatos, rice or pasta that the rest of the family have. For anyone that is interested Family Circle have a Fat, Fibre & Carb counter available- check your supermarket. It's good for all those things that don't have a nutiritional breakdown on the back.

I think you will all find that you will get to a point where the cravings for "normal" things such as biscuits & cakes disappear. Donna Aston who is an Australian body builder has a couple of books called "Fat or Fiction" and Body Business. She also is an advocate of low carb eating and she has some great recipes in her books which you cannot find on the web. It also is written using Aussie Available ingredients.

Good luck

Joanne