View Single Post
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Oct-05-18, 08:36

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

I think you are right about the glut of info, plus the fast pace of technology has sped our lives up so much that many just dont have attention spans for this stuff anymore. I admit that when I'm just looking for recipe ideas, I dont have patience for long form blogs and often irritatedly rapidly scroll down to get to the ingredients and instructions rather than reading the authors entire story of how they came about the recipe, what their kids and cat are doing at the moment...blah, blah, blah. But thats when I'm looking for recipes "in the moment", like "I have this, that and the other in the pantry and fridge I want to make dinner with tonight", but I have stuff to do otherwise that day and need to formulate a recipe and method in less than a half hour, decide on it and get back to chainsawing and splitting wood, etc..

I dont go to food message boards and forums for that instant need. I'm here for the bigger picture and specific interests like low carb and smoking meat, etc.. and happy, in fact enjoy taking the time to go deep. I think there are a lot of people who do go to food forums looking for that fast result...and in these days of everyone on their phone, it increases that "drive-by" readership. I hate using my phone for browsing the internet, so I get that, but I do on occasion. Many people these days dont even use computers and do everything through that little phone screen...and often while juggling other stuff like jobs, kids...even while eating lunch. Those folks have little patience with long diatribes...much like me when trying to decide on a meal plan in a half hour so I can get back to my chores for the day.

The Flavor Bible. I bought an E-version of it off of ebay. Am I seeing it correctly that it's really not a book of recipes...thats its more a book of food ingredients and the other foods and ingredients that pair well? Or did I get ripped off? There are dishes mentioned such as:

Orange and Basil Soup, Alpine Strawberry Compote, and Mascarpone Mousse
—Dominique and Cindy Duby, Wild Sweets (Vancouver)

But no recipe. Should I be seeing recipes?

I see a lot of quotes from chefs (skimming through it) but no actual recipes