#15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-17, 12:53
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi. A few more thoughts:

- My binge eating went way down with getting the sugar, starch and gluten out of my diet. If you haven't gone gluten-free yet, consider trying it. You're probably most of the way there. It turns out that most of my binge eating problem was physiological. With time, my brain figured out that there's no buzz out of the 'replacements' like shirataki noodles or pork rinds, so they really hold no power over me. I enjoy them, but they're just food.

- I haven't had that feeling of "everything falling apart" in the evening since I was deliberately starving during the day. Now, I go ahead and eat a huge breakfast at work at around 7:00 am (I'm currently on a very early morning shift.) I'm rarely hungry again before 2:00 or 3:00, after I get home. Are you eating enough during the day?

- As for the emotional side of it, I had to put the binge eating out of a job. Take care of the reasons you might be trying to get lost in food. What are you trying to avoid? For me, a lot of it was procrastination. I was trying to avoid doing something that needed to be done. I've gotten into routines with respect to housework and other must-dos. Try flylady.net for inspiration.

- Related to the suggestion of brushing your teeth as well as the suggestion of Flylady, I close the kitchen after dinner. I wash my dishes as I'm cooking, even if it's just a simple quick meal. My kitchen is very small. I love it looking neat and tidy for me in the morning, so after dinner when everything's cleaned up, I'm far less likely to mess it up just because I want to boredom-eat.

- If I really have the munchies, like at PMS time where my hunger goes way up, I give myself permission to go ahead and eat. You're not always going to lose 2-3 lbs per week, nor are you obligated to try, nor are you a failure if/when you're not interested in the intensity. Remove the moral judgement from yourself.

Best of luck.