View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-11, 08:29

Plan: The Insulin Resistance Di
Stats: 180/160/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default The Insulin Resistance Diet is Easy and it Works

I am a 73 year old, diet controlled, Type 2 diabetic. For a while I was "good" but as time went on, I was not mindful of my eating habits and began to put on extra pounds and my blood sugars, weight, and triglycerides started inching up. As a nurse practitioner, I have avoided plans like Atkins because of their high saturated fat and ketogenic effects but needed something to avoid having to take medication for my diabetes . I stumbled on The Insulin Resistance Diet book and it really changed my life. Though the holidays were treacherous, and I lost a bit of ground there, I have lost 17 pounds since October and brought my blood sugars into the consistently normal range. My son, whose blood sugars were in the 300's, brought his down into the upper 80's with this diet. Though he is on meds, his bloods sugars were still not controlled without this eating plan. He has also lost over 20 pounds and his doctor is considering lowering his med dosages. I love this eating plan because it so easy. Virtually nothing is eliminated as long as it is eaten in reasonable quantities. It is easy to eat out and to feed the rest of your family without having to cook separate meals. Like others who have commented, I don't feel this book and diet plan have received anywhere near the amount of publicity they deserve. I do believe that different plans work better for different people but speaking for myself, this is the easiest, most effective eating plan I have personally ever experienced. Any "diet" where you have to make radical changes in your eating habits is likely not going to stick with you for the long haul but this is a plan that could easily work for the rest of your life.