View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-22, 09:44

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Interesting comment from a listener:

As a T2 diabetic I have been practicing time restricted eating for about 1 ½ years. I have lost close to 50lbs during that time. The last several weeks I have been going through exactly the symptoms that Peter describes in this podcast. I wear a CGM and observed a dramatic increase in my blood glucose over night reaching an alarming peak of over 200 in the early morning. I did not understand what was happening to me until I listened to this podcast. I was afraid I would soon have to go back on insulin. I increased my protein intake dramatically and observed a 40% lowering of my overnight and morning blood glucose levels. I have also decreased the length of fast particularly on days when I workout hard. It appears to be working.

A lot of people are invested in these ideas such as long fasts and time-restricted eating and it's going to be hard for them to give up unless they see it's personal.

I recall Dr. Naiman saying in one of the podcasts I listened to that Dr. Attia had lost lean tissue over a year's time so I'm glad to see him talking about it. I've wondered how Dr. Naiman gets those 200 gm of protein in within 8 hours.