#7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-19, 06:20

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zei
I have heard others of my skill level at the pickleball gym comment on my having endurance/energy to keep playing without needing to stop and rest between games like them, and I don't need to eat anything to do so, just have continuous stable energy from internal fat-burning. I think this is all related to being fully fat-adapted.

It is literally running on different fuel. Which means we can compare performance!

Perhaps it's because I live in an area with four dramatically different seasons, but I have been working towards harmony with the shifting cycles. This means letting my carbs drift up during spring to peak in fall, then go down to near zero through winter. With spring I start by adding in greens.

Just to be clear, by "drift up" I mean adding 10-20, not going anywhere near SAD levels. It's berries, tomatoes, and avocado being added in this summer.

It makes sense to me that people living in this climate zone would have to adjust their food intake this way, and I can say it is working so far. If we look at a high carb diet switching the body into food storage mode, which is supposed to be a hibernation kind of strategy in the fall only, the way my body behaves finally makes sense to me.