Old Fri, Jun-06-08, 12:21
Registered Member

Plan: homegrown
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 68
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korban
My sister and I have to take a beta-blocker and it has helped our heart condition remarkably. The biggest concern I have with it is that I can't feel hypos and think it is due to the Coreg.

I was also on Carvedilol as I had insisted on it as it's the beta-blocker recommended by the AACE since it reduces IR, whereas the others can exacerbate or even cause diabetes.

I could still feel hypos and really low bp when on it myself. I'd get shaky and dizzy.

I don't *know* I had problems with the Carvedilol. I had a wide range of symptoms making my life intolerable and preventing me from getting *on* with the rehab from my surgery. Some were common symptoms of statins and others were common symptoms of beta-blockers. I got fed up and quit the statin and began tapering off the carvedilol at the same time and everything improved tremendously.

I really want to focus on exercise for the next six months and see what that buys me. If it's not enough, I'll allow my cardiologist to talk me into trying more drugs.

But for now, I want to stick with just the insulins, ACE inhibitor and daily aspirin. And my supplements - a daily multi, a B-complex, ascorbate, milk thistle and specifically for my heart health - vitamins D3/K2, a large dose of niacin, CoEnzymeQ10 and calcium.