#92   ^
Old Fri, Mar-13-09, 20:52

Plan: tasty animals with butter
Stats: 170/115/110 Female 60"
BF:maintaining
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edless
So... This whole two years I haven't touched whole-grain, have lost weight, have the best bloodwork results of my life and more energy than I can find things to do with isn't prospering? Damn, I guess I should go back to eating plenty of whole grains and exercising my ass off every day to stay thin.

So I should cut my fat and therefore starve my body of the fuel that keeps it running at peek performance? Wow I never knew. Anything grown in nutrient rich soil has selenium, not just whole grains. In fact, the whole grains you're eating if in the USA were probably grown in mineral-void soil, just FYI. I can get all the potassium I need from the fish, broccoli and avocados I eat. Magnesium? Nuts and once again seafood.

Fiber is just one of the great myths of the last fifty years. Any fibre I consume is just a by-product, from nuts usually. And by the way, that's a load of crap about being filling and lingering longer; Unless of course by 'filling' you mean 'bloating' and by 'lingering longer' you're referring to gas. Thanks but no thanks to the fermentation in my bowels. It is PROVEN that protein/fat provide a higher level of satiety.

Fad diets? I suppose the diet of the human race for 99% of its existence myst be a fad. Seriously, you would have to be mentally stunted to believe that we could evolve fast enough at a cellular level over a few thousand years to change the basics of our dietary function and consume carbohydrates as our primary source of energy. Carbohydrates do nothing for proper organ function. In fact, the only one that might even be mildly helpful is called a "hemicellulose", simply because it doesn't metabolize but is helpful to our intestinal bacterial. They are not at all an important part of a healthy diet; Perhaps part of a standard, bastardized industrial-age diet, but not one humans should be following.

Can't entirely disagree, but then again there's plenty of lower carb fruits and berries as well as vegetables. Who the hell needs carbs to deliver vitamins, minerals and fiber when there's plenty of wonderful, natural low-carb foods that deliver the same things? Seafood, sea vegetables, eggs, raw-milk, aforementioned low-carb veggies and fruits, nuts. The list goes on and on, you know. The same thing goes for phytonutrients; I do not need to eat high-carb food to get them--any of them--at all.

Atkins, now, has taken a turn to try and make their diet "easier" for people and is straying off its original course as far as I'm concerned. Most likely they're trying to escape bad press and revitalize what's left of themselves as a company as opposed to really practicing anything that Dr. Atkins himself believed. You can't quote that garbage, no one who knows their stuff about low-carb will follow the "new" Atkins diet. Low-fat with low-carb is a recipe for killing yourself.

I'm sorry BoBo but, honestly, why are you even here? All you do is antagonize a community of people whom, regardless of education level or the number of nonsense nutrition texts they have read, understand fundamental science and internal workings of the human body more than you seem to be able to grasp. You sound like a spokesman for Imperial Sugar or worse yet, a Harvard grad who actually believes what he's been taught (by the pharmaceutical companies, FYI). The people of this website have come together in open acceptance of the fact that everything we have been taught by our peers, schools and high levels of government is a farce and here are people like you, clinging to 'scientific studies' funded by groups with an agenda or by those who have been payed off. Here you are preaching to thousands of enlightened individuals the 'dangers' of lowering carbohydrate consumption and how 'fantastic' lowering fat consumption is.

The science behind our way of life is basically impossible to refute, yet you keep on trying, linking nonsense stories that get ripped apart, speaking like you're transcribing the pages of "Staying Healthy With Nutrition" directly to your screen. The truth is what the majority of us here believe and what everyone before the 50's believed. The truth is what our animal-spearing, nut-devouring, berry gathering ancestors didn't even have to understand to know that it was what they were supposed to be putting in their bodies.

It's sad really, that you're living in this little fairy-tale land, holding on to the notion that your viewpoint is accurate when it is entirely askew. When the diseases of civilization lash out at you, perhaps you'll turn-tail and think 'Oh, gee, maybe they were right, sorry Ansel'. I think you should take everything you plant here in this forum and go apply to write for the health section at one of your local newspapers; That would be more suited for the disease-promoting, ill-informed babble you post and promote here.

Just another for your bullcrap, BoBo.

That was brilliant. Notice how it was ignored by BoBo? Troll....