View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-18, 20:55
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Umm shouldn't you get an ultrasound for an enlarged thyroid gland? Mine swells up everytime my thyroid medication gets messed up. It also swelled up this time just eating 20 net carbs, along with my hair falling out and being freezing cold, not being able to sleep. I increased to 30 net carbs and feel a ton better.

I had Hashimoto's hypothyroidism for a very long time and no told me, they didn't know that any antibodies are diagnostic, the range doesn't matter. By the time I got an ultrasound only 65% of my thyroid gland remained, my body was destroying it, and at the same time swelling up to try to get more thyroid hormones.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3683194/
Multinodular goitre (MNG) is the commonest cause of diffuse asymmetric enlargement of the thyroid gland. Females between 35-50 years of age are most commonly affected. Histologically, colloid [Figure 7] or adenomatous [Figure 8] form of MNG is common. The ultrasound diagnosis rests on the finding of multiple nodules ...

There is a common heart arrhythmia associated with hypothyroidism. I had that as well - went away with thyroid medication. My heart rate was usually 180 bpm.

hope this helps!