#450   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-22, 10:57

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
I need to read Marty's article on nutrients so I am not commenting on that specifically What I am offering is my approach to nutrition. I view supplements as exactly that supplemental. I work to maximize the nutrient density of all the food I eat and then I add supplements to augment the nutritional value of my diet not as a substitute for nutrient dense foods. This is all far from an exact science but I do believe that supplements have their place but nutrient dense foods certainly comes first.

I agree with this, since my own circumstances are such that I seem to have eroded some of my systems with stress. As a result, I do best when I supplement more niacin than I could get from food, more D3 than I can get from sunlight, and more protein than my challenged system can digest without some help.

Nutrient dense foods are the base we build the rest upon.

Every time I've embarked on a shift in my low carb eating pattern, I tracked the first few months, and my profile was always above the RDA. Actual food has other stuff -- beyond multivitamin -- like micronutrients and others yet undiscovered.

The difference between fertilizing with petro vs organic. The artificial fertilizer has everything we know plants crave.

The organic has everything.