View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-12-19, 10:32

Plan: modified adkins (sort of)
Stats: 265/176/167 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Thanks Janet and Rob. I was a bit concerned that maybe the site URL had been hijacked by spammers or worse. It happens.

A website run by my extended family (providing tribal history and keeping family members updated on what's going on in the core community) once got hijacked by somebody pushing XXX-rated garbage! I was on my law firm's computer system, when, taking a break from my work, I decided to go to our tribal page. I got a warning but because I was familiar with the site and knew it to be safe, I ignored the warning. Instead of info about the upcoming pow-wow that I expected, pages and pages of images that one "can never un-see" started popping up!

I'd X out of one and two more would instantly pop up. I couldn't even get around them to close the browser or log out of the machine. Ended up having to go get our 20-something tech guy to come help. Soooooo embarassing!

Now when I get any sort of warning from my antivirus system, I don't ignore it till someone who KNOWS it's okay tells me it's okay.

Whoever owns the site probably needs to contact Norton and see if they can't get it recognized as "safe" (however that is done) or they're going to lose out on potential registrants.