#6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-19, 06:25

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
The seratonin modulating is a new to me affect. Up to now Dr Amen stressed caution reguardinv keto for those with low seratonin.

Has left me in a quandry for years.My son is particularly prone to fluctuating blood sugar such that low sugar makes him sensitive to insults and he becomes testy. After he eat, those symptoms completly disappear.

Maybe I should ditch Dr Amens recommendations and give Dr Eades view a test.

I can tell you that, brain-wise, it was like turning my utterly serviceable four door sedan into a nitro-fueled funny car. This was already after therapeutic niacin had calmed my anxiety after medication failed, so I actually had a good baseline to work from, going ketogenic.

This seems like a good time to share my most important Helpful Keto Fact: Remember the shift from Standard American Diet to going on Atkins or some other low carb plan?

I think for most people moving from low carb to keto is a similarly large shift. I think most people only stayed on Atkins Induction during the week or two he advised the shift to take place. Then people would immediately begin climbing the Carb Ladder. Which might not have been a bad move in the 1970s, but people are sicker now, and more of them are that sick.

Someone who stuck with Induction, and there were some, discovered keto early, I guess.

But just as the SAD/Atkins shift made me build a whole new view of food; just as much keto did that, too.