Old Tue, Dec-15-09, 05:19
Registered Member

Plan: N/A
Stats: 127/127/127 Male 165cm
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annajen
If you don't mind my asking, in your case, did you experience really bad die-off? What happened with that? I mean, if so, what type? Muscular? Feeling flu-like symptoms?

Just curious, so don't feel you have to share if you would rather not. Info gathering, as usual.

Hey Annajen,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was on vacation for about a week and didn't have internet access.

Anyway, to answer your questions, I did have a die-off effect, but actually I don't think it was that bad. It felt like I was coming down with a cold or something similar. Also I think my breath got worse during that initial die-off period. It lasted for about a week, and then slowly started to fade away until the end of my treatment. After my treatment ended, I didn't have any die-off symptoms anymore.

That's really great your doctor will prescribe you antifungals. A lot of the people I have chatted with, they tell me when they mention Candida to their doctors, they are usually dismissed immediately. The majority of doctors don't give much credit to the whole Candida debate.

Regarding your Nystatin, I have done a lot of research on antifungal meds. Nystatin is a bit older, and usually considered less effective against Candida. You should inquire about the newer azole drugs, such as Fluconazole. They have a better track record in regards to treating Candida and are considered safer.

Keep us updated on your progress