Old Tue, Oct-08-19, 15:07

Plan: Carb reduction in general
Stats: 230/185/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
bonnie said

This article was only a beneficial peice on cheeses. A complete understanding of cheeses and dairy would fill a tome.

My kids stopped drinking milk at meals years ago. Drinking good unfloridated well water. The one diwn fall was that is a very important source of vit D. Doc should have been blood testing my kids. One son now has bone issues.

And I dont think milk is for everyone. THAT is a book unto itself.

herbicides
pesticides
pasturization
grainfed
caseins
lactose
cow v. goat and sheep v. buffalo
holstein v jersey

A boatload of reasons to avoid dairy.I love cheeses but buy far less and try to buy EU sources.

There us talk of 25% tarif on parmesan cheeses imported from Italy. I plan to go to a cheese shop and see if a whole wheel is affordable. Otherwise a few wedges will be enough and put in freezer.

If the A1 casein from typical milk cows (like Holsteins) is your goal to avoid, you're on the right track. But do avoid (in the case of A1 casein) also British and the more northern European milk products as well, as the A1 cows to my understanding originated from these areas. Sorry, but there goes all the yummy Kerrigold cheddar. Bummer. But the butter, having little casein left, should be fine. The smaller sized milk cattle of southern Europe typically may have less A1 genes, hence real French, Italian and such cheeses. When in doubt, goat and sheep cheese like manchego, even from an American Costco, are secure bets because goats and sheep only produce A2 casein.