View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 21:26

Plan: Stillman's
Stats: 222/222/150 Female 5 ft. 2 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

As you may already know, the rules for fighting candida vary not only by doctor/nutritionist but by "patient",as well. For myself, I found that any whole cream product, meaning no milk whatsoever, was not only acceptable to my system but even helpful and certainly a lifesaver as a treat. This included heavy cream that I used as a substitute for milk on my rice puff cereal and as drink with my almonds as well as sour cream that I had on the occasional red potato, and, of course, butter. But, I never could do citrus fruits. Bananas and kiwi and cherries were the only fruits my system could handle. Fighting candida is very much a matter of following the basic guidelines that every doctor/nutritionist agrees on, and taking or leaving whatever works for you in other areas. As for the cream, it is one of those things that is not agreed upon. Dr. Crook says yes to pure heavy cream but others say no. If your system tolerates it, use it. But in moderation so that your system doesn't eventually reject it. Hope this has been helpful!!!! Good Luck! The results are definitely worth the work!
Browngirl