Thread: Taking it off
View Single Post
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-05, 11:44

Plan: T.K.D.
Stats: 235/183/170 Male 5'9.5" inches
BF:33%/17%/10%
Progress: 80%

For a few limited hours, you can download an AVI file of last week's Taking It Off:

http://64.235.250.136/avi/TakingItOff-week12.avi

Format: AVI
Ratio: 320 x 200
Size: 150 MB
(weird size, but I watch TV on my iPAQ while I do cardio and this is the compressed version)

I hope I captured your favorite part

Quote:
Honestly though, I am dissapointed in the lack of coverage they are showing about the diet. I never did this to "self promote" myself. I just wanted the set the facts strait about the myths of low carb. Nobody really knew what they were doing, and they seem to be focusing on those people. I really think it's just a matter of what's good for TV. Maybe the results will make people ask some questions.

I totally agree. I'd rather watch half the number of people and see twice the amount of coverage on each one. Too much family drama stuff for me as well, but I'm probably not the target demographic of Lifetime TV.

At least the Atkins rep was able to put a positive spin on it, but I don't think they explained her educational and medical credentials enough. And then matching her up on the same show with a PhD, MD, head of Canada Obesity, etc, with him saying Atkins is detrimental was an obvious "taking sides" by the producers... sure, more interesting TV but not medically unbiased.