View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-14-19, 05:45

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Welcome to a really good place for information and encouragement. You’re looking for a total change in your pattern of eating. This is a lifelong thing, so you don’t need to be in a hurry—even though your current motivation is high.

Teaser and Grav. What they said.

At this beginning time, reject the temptation to count calories. It’s not that they “don’t count,” but the LC way of eating is about carbohydrates and fats, not calories. It’s too tedious trying to juggle everything. Besides, at your current weight, your body needs plenty of energy (calories) to function, and you’ll be burning ‘em.

Do consider keeping a food diary. Mine is at Fitday, but there are options on this site and elsewhere. It’s not about tracking calories, but about awareness. Down the road, a food diary will help you with clues about what makes you feel good and produces the results you want. It’s also about accountability. This will serve you on the days when you just want to put something in your mouth that you know you probably shouldn’t. “Do I want to write this down in my diary??”

You’ll find lots of books about Low Carb eating. Learning about the science and epidemiology will reinforce the fact that this is a healthy plan for you.

Stick around, and best wishes.