View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-11, 01:43

Plan: 80/20 Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 250/190/145 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hey Shell your diet looks pretty good, very similar to mine except I do more carbs, and less liquid oils (I try to get most of my fat from animal sources, and not cook with oils because they oxidize). Also, I always do an Atkins bar in the morning or a Atkins Shake (is that what you meant by AS?) so I can get a few more nutrients in the morning, I have trouble stomaching breakfast on weekdays...

But I am wondering if you are getting enough calories...you don't look like you get enough natural fats...can you add some raw nuts or avocado, like a 1/4 cup per day? Is the steak you buy lean or marbled? Sound really weird but I have found that when I reduced liquid forms of oil and added more natural fats in meat and other naturally occurring foods I got a lot more energy...I really try hard NOT to cook with liquid oils...when you read about oxidizing oil and what it does to your system it makes you really ask them to "hold the oil" when cooking.

And I would add some more fruit...not much, like a few more berries. I have no problem with apples and pears (one a day)...but I eat more carbs so that might mess you up...

I am hoping you feel better after the Armour!