View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-11, 19:05

Plan: 80/20 Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 250/190/145 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Your TSH is high which means

TSH 4 is not real good, even though docs will say it is "in the normal range". TSH closer to 1 is better but for some it makes them feel hyper...you will have to see how you feel after Armour is added, it made me feel weird and it was hard to get because of shortage so I switched over to t4/t3 compound...I feel worlds better...

Ok...yikes...bad at supplements??? As a hypo patient you need to realize that you have deficiencies....do a google search on Mary Shomon and supplements and you will learn why we need to take them...basically our genes just don't work right so low thyroid which affects our metabolism...meds will help, but you still need some supplements and the ones you take will also help with low carb dieting...kinda feel like mom telling you to eat your veggies...I will stop nagging but they will help...

Coffee drains pituitary, especially in low carb patients, can you cut that out and see how you feel?

Also how are you taking your meds? Are you making sure its on an empty stomach, and you don't eat for at least an hour afterwards??? Seriously it is important. I started taking my meds first thing in the morning when I wake to go potty. I get back in bed for about an hour or so. I noticed a BIG difference in their effectiveness. The list of things that can interfere with thyroid meds is daunting and if you are mixing them with other things it will be bad. For example, soy, iron, calcium, magnesium, and any stimulate including decongestant can effect the meds, also the broccoli and cabbage family can interfere with absorption as well....so its best to take them as soon as you can and not with anything else...

And here is the big question....are you taking your meds daily and not skipping doses a few times a week....

All of the above are critical. But so is eating enough carbs a day (veggies and even maybe some berries every other day or so), also are you getting enoughs fat with your protein?

What does your diet look like in a day?