View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 07:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/177/168
BF:
Progress: 25%

If you read my first post you would see that my intentions were entirely helpful. It was when they were attacked that I retaliated. I am on the Atins diet myself so why would I want to discourage? I just think it's not a healthy diet for long term eating. And to prove my point further (at the same time blasting someone's comments about Duke University out of the water), here is an article on the American Heart Association's CURRENT view about it. Before posting it I'll just sum it up for you:

Duke University study on Atkins diet was funded entirely by Atkins Association. (Hmmm...can you say "fishy?")

AHA has NOT changed its point of view and still rcommends fruit, vegetables and grain.

Here you go:

http://www.azcentral.com/health/112...RT-DIET-DC.html

Now stop saying I need to do research and get my facts straight when all of your collective posts have been nothing more than naive opinions and factless arguments. People in glass houses......

I am the first on this thread to actually supply any form of backup, while I have ben criticized (by forum moderators no less!) for not doing so. Shame on you.