#13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-13, 08:35

Plan: low carb
Stats: 195/174/170 Male 72 inches
BF:22%/15.2%/6 pack!
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsnow
As I mentioned once long ago, you and I are close to being twins, beernutz. I'm 6-0, 174, age 54. Avid 4.5 tennis player and cyclist. I lost my focus over the holidays, ate sugar and gained 8 pounds, but I'm back in the saddle and getting back to where I want to be.

I also still utilize a running game on the courts that wins me a lot of points, even against the young guys.

The one difference is that I notice that if I don't have something like a banana before a tough grueling match, I will have less energy. If it's an hour workout, say a focused practice session, I'm fine. But a match against a closely matched player -- I need some carbs to play at the same level. Wish it weren't so, but...

Hey and my 54th birthday is next week. My last weigh-in yesterday: 174 pounds and I also gained between 8 to 10 pounds over the holidays and just this month have gotten back down to my goal weight area.

I'm kind of cold natured and when it is in high 40s here and everyone else playing tennis is bundled up I'm usually the lone player still in shorts and a t-shirt though I do wear a hat as a concession to the weather. In those cooler months I don't need any kind of carb-up to play a long time. However, in the summer when it is in the 90s and so humid the air feels like a damp blanket I have to have carbs, usually in liquid form, to even function on a tennis court.

So at least we are not exact clones.