View Single Post
  #46   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 22:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 437/337/200 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default I hit the mark today!

Well, this certainly is a wonderful thread...so I will bump it once again with the good news that after 10 months, I have hit the "100 lbs forever gone" mark!!!

I started July 14, 2005 on Atkins. I started at a very hefty 437 pounds...and today I stepped on the scale and it was 337!!! I have all of you to thank for your support. It is vital to have a forum such as this to help each other.

I have been on a pretty long stall for the past few months...and I started buckling down again on Monday. I began walking with my little Jack Russell on Monday...and we enjoy it very much. I broke the several month-long stall with a resounding 9 pounds this week...and I am so joyed to be going down again!

Please, my friends, don't lose hope...for it is through perseverance that you will reach your goals.

Someone in this thread asked..."..what is it that helped you most to get to this point..." I have to say "SUPPORT". I have been accompanied on this journey by my twin brother and a several friends at work. One friend hit the 100lb loss point just two days before me. My twin brother has lost about 60 lbs, and the other friend at work hit his goal at 50 lbs. This is a total of 310 lbs!!! ***Houston...we have lost two men between us all!*** I think this would have been infinitely more difficult if I didn't have the help of my friends, family, and certainly you all. Secondly, I know this isn't something for everyone, but I sought the help of an intuitive counselor/energy worker. I was able to identify some of the sources of my destructive habits and patterns that were causing me to stall. I would definitely say that it has helped tremendously. First for getting my thought processes corrected, and also for correcting/repairing my energy systems for metabolic support. I have a whole different mindset now. I love myself for who I am internally. Once I find the peace within...all of this WILL correct itself.

I also realize that part of my stall was due to dissapointment with the lack of "fast" progress. I started tremendously well...but when things started to slow down, I started to waiver from the plan here and there. I would take more liberties to "console" myself. I would "celebrate" getting to a mini goal and I'd eat poorly, only to feel terrible about having done so, both physically and mentally. That process starts a destructive cause and effect spiral. Fortunately for me, I have found a rose in the weed patch. It was an educational period for me. I learned that what my body will tolerate and how it will react to my indiscretions. I learned to "feel" how the food affected me. I burned those feelings into my brain. I know when I eat lots of carbs and sugar...I feel horrible!! When I eat the Atkins way...I feel GREAT!

What does this mean to you? Learn about yourself. Take the adversity of a bad situation and try to learn from it. Turn it into a tool that you can help yourself with. Don't get depressed...keep going.

I am still less than half way to my goal...but I have been "re-energized". I am determined more than ever to reach my goal...NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES! It is just the way things have to be for me.

Thank you all for listening to my long-winded post. I feel great to have all of your shoulders to lean my head on! Use mine if you wish. I will be there for anyone on this journey!

Keep up the good work!
Sponsored Links